What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are online, interactive gatherings via live video conference. Sisterhood learning, support and collaboration!
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration and liberation.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand in hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys mentorship or earth stewardship. We are all in this together!
Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- "Creating a Sex Positive Environment" (Tuesday, October 23)
- "Setting Fees for your Girls' Circles" (Tuesday, November 6)
- "Sharing Menstrual Cycle Awareness with Girls" (Saturday, November 10)
- "Mentoring Mixed Gender and Boys Groups" (Wednesday, November 15)
- "Our Mothers, Our Stories" (Wednesday, November 28)
- "Teaching Menstrual Literacy in a School Setting " (Tuesday, December 4)
- "Maiden Discovery Circle's Rite of Passage Ceremony " (Saturday, December 9)
- "Our Bleeding, Our Stories" (Wednesday, December 12)
- "Inclusive Girls' Circles: Welcoming and TeachingTrans Girls" (Saturday, January 5)
- "Boys' Mentorship and Men's Work" (Saturday, January 12)
- "Leading Dads' Gatherings" (Tuesday, January 29)
- "Mentoring Girls: Commonalities and Differences Around the Globe" (Saturday, February 9)
- "Talking about Porn with Girls and Parents" (Tuesday, February 19)
- "Womb Yoga - Honoring and Deepening into Connection with Your Womb Through Yoga" (Wednesday, February 27)
- "Mothers' Circles: Sharing First Menstruation Experiences" (Wednesday, March 6)
- "Wisdom of the Cycles" (Saturday, March 9)
- "Ceremony 101: Creating Meaningful Rituals and Ceremonies" (Tuesday, March 12)
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone. Webcams are entirely optional and most people do not need a headset to be heard.
Students can find the link to join a Red Tent in the Student Portal. People who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!