What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are online, interactive gatherings via live video conference. Sisterhood learning, support and collaboration!
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
Red Tent Video Library and Live Virtual Red Tents for Current Students and Graduates:
Current and former students in the Certificate and Non-Certificate Trainings!
You are invited to join any of our live Virtual Red Tents. Visit JOYW Global to view current Red Tent Calendar.
Also, you have unlimited access to the Red Tent Video Library. To view a recorded Red Tent:
1. Log into Student Portal.
2. Choose Welcome Mentor Students from the dropdown menu
3. Scroll down, then click Red Tents.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand-in-hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys' mentorship. We are all in this together!
CLICK HERE for Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- Mentoring and Social/Racial/Gender/Economic Justice" (Saturday, August 8, 2020)
- “Conflict in Girls’ Friendships” (Wednesday, August 18)
- "Welcoming Trans Girls and Gender Non-Conforming Kids" (Wednesday, August 26)
- "Marketing: Creating an Engaging Website" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, September 5)
- "Four Baskets: A reminder of the sacredness the journey into life holds" with Andrea Zaleznog (Tuesday, September 15)
- "Talking to Kids about Racism" Open Conversation (Wednesday, September 23)
- "Plant Connection for Girls" Panel Discussion (Saturday, October 3)
- "Dance with the Cycles: The Seasonal Celebrations" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, October 13 at 8:30 p.m. US Eastern)
- "Nature Connection for Kids" with Israh Goodall (Wednesday, October 28)
- "Our Families, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Saturday, November 7)
- "Online Girls' Circles" Panel Discussion (Wednesday, November 11)
- "Fun Ways to Teach Girls about Cycles" with Caitlin McMurtry (Tuesday, November 17)
- "Vasalisa the Wise by Clarissa Pinkola Estés: An Initiatory Teaching Story" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, December 5)
- "Gentle Support for Self-Doubting Mentors" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, December 9)
- "Guided Meditations for Mentoring Circles" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, January 16, 2021)
- “Trauma-Informed Mentoring” Open Conversation with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, January 20)
- "Dance with the Cycles: The Moon Cycle" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, January 26)
- "Fee-Setting for Mentoring Circles” with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, February 6)
- "Allowing the Too-Good Mother to Die from Clarissa Pinkola Estés’ Initiatory Teaching Story" with Katharine Krueger (Tuesday, February 16)
- "Holding Mums' Circles" Panel Discussion (Wednesday, February 24)
- “Vasalisa Exposes the Crude Shadow from Clarissa Pinkola Estés’ Initiatory Teaching Story” with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, March 6)
- "Our Children, Our Stories" Experiential Red Tent (Tuesday, March 16)
- "Rites of Passage Stories" Panel Discussion (Wednesday, March 24)
- "Marketing: How to Get the Word Out" (Tuesday, March 30)
- "New Moon Intention Circle" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, April 10)
- "Responding to Difficulties in a Mentoring Circle" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, April 21)
- "Seasonal Celebrations with Kids" (Tuesday, April 27)
- "Outdoor Mentoring Stories and Lessons" with Israh Goodall (Saturday, May 1)
- "Leading Dads' Circles" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, May 18)
- "Writing Compelling Social Media Posts" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, May 26)
- "Navigating in the Dark on the Journey to Womanhood" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, June 5)
- "Sacred Crafts with Girls" (Tuesday, June 15)
- "Our Bodies, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Wednesday, June 23)
Did you miss attending a gathering with a topic that thrills you? If you're a current or former student in the Certificate or Non-Certificate training, you can watch most Red Tent Videos in the Red Tent Video Library. We also circle back with a fresh perspective on some topics, so let us know if you'd like to get one back on the schedule.
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone.
Students can find the link to join a Red Tent on the Welcome Mentor Student Page and on every Red Tent Event Announcement on JOYW Global or their own student Facebook group. People who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!