What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are online, interactive gatherings via live video conference. Sisterhood learning, support and collaboration!
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
Red Tent Video Library and Live Virtual Red Tents for Current and Former Students:
Current and former students!
You are invited to join any of our live Virtual Red Tents. Visit JOYW Global to view current Red Tent Calendar.
Also, you have unlimited access to the Red Tent Video Library. To view a recorded Red Tent:
1. Log into Student Portal.
2. Choose Welcome Mentor Students from the dropdown menu
3. Scroll down to Navigate, then click Red Tents.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration and liberation.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand in hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys mentorship or earth stewardship. We are all in this together!
CLICK HERE for Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- "Controversial Teaching Messages and Activities in a Girls' Circle" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, October 4)
- "Creating a Sex Positive Environment" panel discussion (Wednesday, October 15)
- “Our Bleeding, Our Stories” experiential Red Tent (Tuesday, October 29)
- "Working with Boys" with Catherine Meade (Saturday, November 9)
- "Sacred Craft Ideas for Girls' Circles" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, November 19)
- "Seasonal Celebrations with Kids" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, November 27
- "Writing Compelling Social Media Posts" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, December 4)
- "Menarche Ceremony" panel discussion (Tuesday, December 10)
- "Listening Partnerships" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, January 11)
- "Ceremonial Singing" with Alexandra Xe (Tuesday, January 21)
- "Strained Moments in A Girls' Circle" open conversation (Wednesday, January 29)
- "Developing Your Sacred Business" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, February 8)
- "Inclusive Girls' Circles: Welcoming and Teaching Trans Girls and Non-Binary Youth" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, February 19)
- "Looking Inside: Talking to your Organs" with Chaitanya Morly-Southall (Tuesday, February 25)
- "Musical Activities for Emotional Connection for Girls and for Parents" (Saturday, March 7)
- "Our Mothers, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Tuesday, March 17)
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone. Webcams are entirely optional and most people do not need a headset to be heard.
Students can find the link to join a Red Tent in the Student Portal. People who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!