What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are online, interactive gatherings via live video conference. Sisterhood learning, support and collaboration!
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration and liberation.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand in hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys mentorship or earth stewardship. We are all in this together!
Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- "Developing Your Sacred Business "(Wednesday, September 26th)
- "Wondrous Wombs Slideshow for Girls" with special guest Caitlin McMurtry (Saturday, October 14)
- "Talking with Girls about Self-Pleasure" (Wednesday, October 17)
- "Creating a Sex Positive Environment" with JOYW Student Amanda Brown Testa (Tuesday, October 23)
- "Setting Fees for your Girls' Circles" (Tuesday, November 6)
- "Health Benefits of Menstrual Cycle Awareness and How to Introduce this in a Girl's Circle" with JOYW Grad Elena Riu (Saturday, November 10)
- "Mentoring Mixed Gender and Boys Groups" (Wednesday, November 15)
- "EFT with Girls" (Wednesday, November 28)
- "Teaching Menstrual Literacy in a School Setting " with JOYW Instructor Karin Gisler (Tuesday, December 4)
- "Maiden Discovery Circle's Rite of Passage Ceremony " with JOYW Senior Teacher Gina Angelini (Saturday, December 9)
- "Inclusive Girls' Circles: Welcoming and Teaching Cis Girls, Trans Girls and Non-Binary Femmes" (Saturday, January 5)
- "Responding to Depression and Anxiety in Girls (Without Falling into the Therapist Role) with Nada Khodlova (Wednesday, January 9)
- "Talking about Porn with Girls and Parents" (Tuesday, January 17)
- "Leading Dads' Circles: Panel Discussion" (Saturday, January 26)
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone. Webcams are entirely optional and most people do not need a headset to be heard.
Students can find the link to join a Red Tent in the Student Portal. People who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!