What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are online, interactive gatherings via live video conference. Sisterhood learning, support and collaboration!
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration and liberation.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand in hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys mentorship or earth stewardship. We are all in this together!
CLICK HERE for Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- "Creating a Sex Positive Environment" panel discussion (Tuesday, October 23)
- "Setting Fees for your Girls' Circles" (Tuesday, November 6)
- "Sharing Menstrual Cycle Awareness with Girls" (Saturday, November 10)
- "Mentoring Mixed Gender and Boys' Groups" (Wednesday, November 15)
- "Our Mothers, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent(Wednesday, November 28)
- "Teaching Menstrual Literacy in a School Setting " with JOYW Instructor Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, December 4)
- "Maiden Discovery Circle's Rite of Passage Ceremony " with JOYW Senior Instructor Gina Angelini (Saturday, December 9)
- "Our Bleeding, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Wednesday, December 12)
- "Inclusive Girls' Circles: Welcoming and Teaching Trans Girls" (Saturday, January 5)
- "Boys' Mentorship and Men's Work" with special guest Gabriel Keczan (Saturday, January 12)
- "Cycle Literacy for Dads" with JOYW Instructor Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, January 29)
- "Mentoring Girls: Commonalities and Differences Around the Globe" panel discussion (Saturday, February 9)
- "Talking to Girls about Healthy vs. Unhealthy Relationships" (Tuesday, February 19)
- "Womb Yoga: Connecting Deeply with Your Womb Through Yoga" with JOYW graduate Elena Riu (Wednesday, February 27)
- "Mothers' Circles: Sharing First Menstruation Experiences" (Wednesday, March 6)
- "Wisdom of the Cycles" with JOYW Instructor Karin Lucia Gisler (Saturday, March 9)
- "Ceremony 101: Creating Meaningful Rituals and Ceremonies" with special guest Lorene Wapotich (Tuesday, March 12)
- "Positive Body Image for Girls" (Saturday, April 13)
- "Navigating Social Media Usage with Teens" panel discussion (Tuesday, April 16)
- "Our Sexuality, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Wednesday, April 24)
- "Talking about Porn with Girls and Parents" (Saturday, April 27)
- "Walking in Two Worlds" (Saturday, May 11)
- "Moon Circles" with JOYW student Sonia Martinez (Wednesday, May 15)
- "Launching Your Girls' Circle: Needs, Challenges and Inspiration" panel discussion (Tuesday, May 21)
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone. Webcams are entirely optional and most people do not need a headset to be heard.
Students can find the link to join a Red Tent in the Student Portal. People who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!