What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are online, interactive gatherings via live video conference. Sisterhood learning, support and collaboration!
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
Red Tent Video Library and Live Virtual Red Tents for Current Students and Graduates:
Current and former students!
You are invited to join any of our live Virtual Red Tents. Visit JOYW Global to view current Red Tent Calendar.
Also, you have unlimited access to the Red Tent Video Library. To view a recorded Red Tent:
1. Log into Student Portal.
2. Choose Welcome Mentor Students from the dropdown menu
3. Scroll down, then click Red Tents.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand-in-hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys' mentorship. We are all in this together!
CLICK HERE for Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- "Controversial Teaching Messages and Activities in a Girls' Circle" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, October 4)
- "Creating a Sex Positive Environment" panel discussion (Wednesday, October 15)
- “Our Bleeding, Our Stories” experiential Red Tent (Tuesday, October 29)
- "Working with Boys" with Catherine Meade (Saturday, November 9)
- "Sacred Craft Ideas for Girls' Circles" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, November 19)
- "Seasonal Celebrations with Kids" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, November 27
- "Writing Compelling Social Media Posts" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, December 4)
- "Menarche Ceremony" panel discussion (Tuesday, December 10)
- "Listening Partnerships" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, January 11)
- "Our Mothers, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Tuesday, January 21)
- "Strained Moments in Girls' Circles" open conversation (Wednesday, January 29)
- "Developing Your Sacred Business" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, February 8)
- "Girls' Circles in Schools” panel discussion (Wednesday, February 19)
- "Looking Inside: Talking to your Organs" with Chaitanya Morly-Southall (Tuesday, February 25)
- "Threatened by another's growth? Or vice versa?" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, March 7)
- "Creating Magical Physical Spaces for Girls' Circles” with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, March 17)
- "Blood and Beet Juice" panel discussion (Wednesday, March 25)
- "Becoming an Active Mentor - Getting Organised and Started" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, April 7)
- "The Heroine's Club" with author Melia Keeton-Digby (Saturday, April 18)
- "Guided Meditations with Girls" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, April 22)
- "Marketing: Branding" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, May 9)
- "Our Sexuality, Our Stories" experiential Red Tent (Wednesday, May 13)
- "Ceremonial Singing" with Alexandra Xe (tba)
- "Moms' Circles: Educational Not Therapeutic" with Katharine Krueger (tba)
- "Welcoming Trans Girls and Non-Binary Youth" with Katharine Krueger (tba)
- "Perimenopause Stories" with author Amy Bammel Wilding (tba)
- "Fee-Setting for Sustainability and Accessibility" with Katharine Krueger (tba)
- "Leading Dads' Gatherings/Cycle Literacy for Men" with Karin Lucia Gisler (tba)
Did you miss attending a gathering with a topic that thrills you? Most likely, you can watch it in the Red Tent Video Library. We also circle back with a fresh perspective on some topics, so let us know if you'd like to get one back on the schedule.
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone.
Students can find the link to join a Red Tent on the Welcome Mentor Student Page and on every Red Tent Event Announcement on JOYW Global or their own student Facebook group. People who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!