What is a JOYW Virtual Red Tent?
Our Red Tents are Zoom meet-ups for collaborative learning and support.
We share stories, exchange ideas, and gain strength from being together and supporting one another. We speak and listen from the heart.
We meet in Virtual Sacred Space, often opening with a poem, short meditation, and Talking Circle.
- Topic explorations via presentation and dialogue. These Red Tents are often recorded.
- Inner explorations. Guided meditation and Talking Circle. Often quite potent for attendees - aim to allow time afterwards to integrate or check in with a friend. These Red Tents are not recorded.
Red Tent Video Library and Live Virtual Red Tents for Current Students and Graduates:
Current and former students in the Certificate and Non-Certificate Trainings!
You are invited to join any of our live Virtual Red Tents. Visit JOYW Global to view current Red Tent Calendar.
Also, you have unlimited access to the Red Tent Video Library. To view a recorded Red Tent:
1. Log into Student Portal.
2. Choose Training Info, Facebook Links, Red Tent Video Library from the dropdown menu
3. Scroll down a bit, then click 5. Red Tents.
- Each month, we host several Virtual Red Tents.
- Current students, graduates and active mentors (Certificate and Non-Certificate) are invited.
- Occasionally, we invite newsletter subscribers and followers of Journey of Young Women's Facebook page to public Red Tents.
All Red Tents are offered in virtual sacred space in the spirit of sisterhood collaboration.
Girl empowerment is often the focus. Our development as adult women goes hand-in-hand with that.
Occasionally we widen our gaze to topics such as boys' mentorship. We are all in this together!
CLICK HERE for Upcoming Red Tent Topics
Recent and upcoming Red Tent topics include:
- "Teen Cycles and Hormonal Health" with Caitlin McMurtry (Wednesday, September 22)
- "Partnering with a Co-Mentor" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Thursday, September 30)
- "Stories We Passionately Loved As Children" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, October 9)
- "Ceremony 101: The Basics for Creating Meaningful Rituals and Ceremonies" with Lorene Wapotich (Tuesday, October 19)
- "Getting Young People to Sign Up for Mentoring Circles" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, October 27)
- "Circle Topics and Activities: The First Meeting" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, November 3)
- "Facing the Wild Hag: Vasalisa’s Fourth Initiatory Task" with Katharine Krueger (Tuesday, November 9)
- "Positive Body Image" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, November 20)
- "Serving the Non-Rational: Vasalisa’s Fifth Initiatory Task" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, December 4)
- "Earth-honoring Craft Ideas for Mentoring Circles" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, December 7)
- "Developing Your Sacred Business" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, January 15, 2022)
- "Cycle Literacy for Dads" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, January 19, 2022)
- "Serving the Non-Rational: Vasalisa’s Fifth Initiatory Task" with Katharine Krueger (Tuesday, January 25)
- "Raising and Mentoring Anti-Racist Kids" with Katharine Krueger (Sunday, January 30)
- "Media Literacy for All Ages" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, February 5)
- "Right Relationship for Mentoring Circles" with Gemma Bradshaw (Tuesday, February 15)
- "Circle Topics and Activities: The Second Meeting" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Wednesday, February 23)
- "Separating This from That: Vasalisa’s Sixth Initiatory Task" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, March 5)
- "Money and Co-Mentoring" with Karin Lucia Gisler (Tuesday, March 15)
- "Feeling into White Privilege" with Natali Castro (Wednesday, March 23)
- "Working with the Parents of your Mentees: A Deeper Look" with Katharine Krueger (Wednesday, March 30)
- "Our Mothers, Our Stories" with Katharine Krueger (Saturday, April 2)
Note: Schedule is subject to change.
Did you miss attending a gathering with a topic that thrills you? If you're a current or former student in the Certificate or Non-Certificate training, you can watch most Red Tent Videos in the Red Tent Video Library. We also circle back with a fresh perspective on some topics, so let us know if you'd like to get one back on the schedule.
In a Mentor Training Red Tent, we may also talk about real life challenges or ideas related to girls’ circles, mentorship, parenting or our journeys as women. Students may request topics. Students may co-host a Red Tent if they have a skill or story to share with others.
All you need to join is a computer, mobile device or phone.
Students and grads can find the link to join a Red Tent on the Training Info Page and on every Red Tent Event Announcement on JOYW Global or their own student Facebook group.
Non-students who sign up for a public Red Tent will receive a link by email.
If you have questions or suggestion, please contact me. I'd love to hear from you!